Talk

Advanced search

Tell me this is ok for one day please!

(10 Posts)
5SpeckledFrogs Mon 08-Apr-13 19:12:20

I've been throwing up for 24hrs. Dd is just 6mnths, started giving her little bits of solids to play with only 4days ago. We're doing blw so not much has gone down!

I've spent the day snuggling in bed with her, she's done lots of bfeeding and (thank goodness!) has been remarkably contented to stay in bed with me and doesn't seem at all unwell.

I'm just starting to feel a little bit more like a human being (or as close to it as I ever get grin). Ought I to drag myself out of bed to give her something solid or can I please just carry on with hibernating and get back to it tomorrow?!

Dh isn't around today so I can't get him to do anything.

No don't get out of bed if you're not up to it.
My DS had a tummy bug at 8 months and all he had was milk for about 4 days, no solids at all. Did him no harm whatsoever.
Don't worry about it, snuggle up, keep BFing and try again tomorrow.

I hope you feel better soon btw!

5SpeckledFrogs Mon 08-Apr-13 19:16:37

Thank you smile

My logical mind says it must be ok when only a few days ago that's all she was having anyway and it's not like she's been swallowing loads but needed someone else to reassure!

BeaWheesht Mon 08-Apr-13 19:18:25

It's fine .get well soon

KayHunt Mon 08-Apr-13 19:18:51

Hibernate away, you don't have to give solids daily at all at 6 months and if she's happy to just breastfeed, try to relax, enjoy it and recooperate

BumbleBee2011 Mon 08-Apr-13 19:29:56

Definitely hibernate! It's got to be yet another perk of BFing, surely smile

5SpeckledFrogs Mon 08-Apr-13 19:32:35

flowers everyone. I'm not feeling like The Worlds Worst Mummy now grin

I have to admit, even with feeling crappy I've enjoyed having lots of snuggle time. Dd has also been amazingly helpful by being asleep every time I've had to run to the loo!

FattyMcChubster Mon 08-Apr-13 19:40:55

Hope you're better soon. Dd is 10mo and currently just on breastmilk as she's not well. Don't worry about just milk for a few days until you're better.
thanks

mummysmellsofsick Mon 08-Apr-13 20:47:07

Definitely fine. Stay in bed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now