Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can you use a Philips Avent breast pump with Tommee Tippee bottles?

(5 Posts)
juniper9 Mon 08-Apr-13 17:50:00

I've just bought a Tommee Tippee bottle and steriliser set from Amazon as it seemed like a really good deal.

I'm planning on breast feeding/ expressing so having the bottles included made it a good deal.

Looking at the reviews for breast pumps, it seems that the Philips Avent one is far better, but I'm wondering if it will attach to the Tommee Tippee bottles, or will I need to express into a Philips bottle then pour it from one bottle to another?

Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 08-Apr-13 17:52:20

You'll need to just tip it into another bottle/container. I've bought a Nuby pump but will be using mam bottles so will just tip it into the bottles or a milk container.

GlaikitFizzog Mon 08-Apr-13 17:54:06

I used a medela pump and tommee tippee bottles. Pumps usually come with a bottle that fits them. I them decanted my ebm into the tommee tippee bottles for storage or into bags to freeze. You don't need to store what you express in the bottle from the pump.

Oh and if you are expressing throughout the day you don't need to sterilise the pump and bottles in between each pumping session, just rinse in hot soapy water and keep in one of those ziplock bags in the fridge.

TwistTee Mon 08-Apr-13 18:15:30

No, I have one Avent bottle for my pump which I then tip into a TT bottle. The neck of the TT is wider than Avent.

mammyto2 Sun 11-Jan-15 08:49:13

I have a tommee tippee breast pump that came with oneI small bottle. I plan to buy larger ones, but have seen a nuby set on offer. I heard TT also make the nuby bottles. Does anyone know if these will fit the TT pump? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now