Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3.5 weeks feeding very regular

(12 Posts)
LittleJack15 Mon 08-Apr-13 15:21:32

Hi my little boy Jack is still feeding very regular at 3.5 weeks, he doesn't give me much rest.
But also some days when breast feeding he gets very angry and keeps pull of my breast! But I don't think I'm doing anything different because then he'll go on fine?
Please help.

ExBrightonBell Mon 08-Apr-13 15:41:29

If your ds carries on ok after pulling off and looking angry, do you need to worry about this? I'm not quite sure what you are asking/worried about?

If your baby is producing lots wet and dirty nappies then if there are no other issues I wouldn't be too worried about this. Do you know when he will next be weighed/seen by HV? I would mention your concerns to them if it is still worrying you.

You could also ask the HV about breastfeeding support - there may be a breastfeeding expert who you can see. There is also an organisation called La Leche League - they have an informative website (www.laleche.org.uk/, telephone helpline and details of local groups where you can get breastfeeding support.

LittleJack15 Mon 08-Apr-13 17:29:14

Thank you. Little Jack has loads of dirty nappies and wet ones. His weight is gd as well. He's put loads on of weight. It's just he's not letting me have any rest. And really hurts my nipples. We've had the breastfeeding lady, but he's really gd when she comes.

ExBrightonBell Mon 08-Apr-13 18:17:01

Do you have a product called Lansinoh? It's brilliant to put on your nipples after breastfeeding, and it helps to heal them. You also don't need to wipe it off before feeding again.

It can take a little while for your nipples to get used to breastfeeding but it shouldn't continue for several weeks. It is possible to get thrush which can cause pain, as well as other problems.

Please do tell your HV again that you are still in pain and explain exactly when/how it hurts. I do think it would be v helpful for you to contact La Leche League - they will have come across many many issues with bf and will hopefully be able to advise. They should run a drop in group in your area where you can go and meet other bf women and get support and practical advice.

I had a lot of pain, cracked and bleeding nipples at the start, but by about 6 weeks this had improved a lot and now at nearly 9 months bf is no pain at all. My best piece of advice would be, if you are in pain, break your baby's latch and try again. Keep doing this until you are comfortable which might be quite a few times.

noblegiraffe Mon 08-Apr-13 18:43:36

There is a growth spurt at 3 weeks so it is normal for babies to feed a lot at this point. Hopefully it will settle down soon!

LittleJack15 Sat 13-Apr-13 19:25:40

Think you where right exbrightonbell., think it could be thrush. hmmhmm

ExBrightonBell Sat 13-Apr-13 22:42:33

Hopefully if it is thrush it should be treatable - have you been to the GP?

LittleJack15 Sun 14-Apr-13 01:26:15

Not been yet got an appointment on Monday. hmm

LittleJack15 Sun 14-Apr-13 05:27:44

Thank you for your help. grin

LittleJack15 Sun 14-Apr-13 05:39:58

The smilie faces I've put on here don't really go with what I wanted. Must be because i'm tired. I thought the first one was a puzzled face and the second was a smiley face.

ExBrightonBell Sun 14-Apr-13 08:09:22

I can never work them out either! I only get the hang of this :-) and this :-(

Hope you get some good answers and help from the GP tomorrow.

LittleJack15 Sun 14-Apr-13 10:33:22

Thank you
smilesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now