Talk

Advanced search

Wake to feed or not?

(3 Posts)
CuppaSarah Mon 08-Apr-13 13:15:53

My 7wo usually feeds every 1-2 hours in the day, which while it's still quite often she usually sleeps through so I don't mind one bit!

But today she is so sleepy. Only waking for feeds and nappies. Now she's gone over when she'd usually feed, not by more than a half hour. DO you think this just the start of her feeding less reguarly, or do you think I should wake her for her routines sake? I'm probably gonna let her sleep a while longer, I'm just curious what you guys did with your DC, did you wake them in the day or just let them sleep till they told you they needed a feed?

minipie Mon 08-Apr-13 13:24:50

I would wake her after 4 hours (or 3 if she's particularly tiny) but not after 1-2 hours. seems like she needs the extra sleep for some reason, maybe a growth spurt or maybe she's fighting off a virus who knows.

amazing that she sleeps through at 7 weeks! envy

CuppaSarah Mon 08-Apr-13 13:28:42

She did have a slightly off colour poo yesterday evening, so a virus does sound quite likely! I'll wake her after 4 hours if shes still asleep.

I am deffinatly VERY lucky about her sleeping. I swear when DC2 appears(in a couple years time) they will never ever ever sleep, just to make things fair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now