Talk

Advanced search

Is it normal to feel teary/down when stopping bf?

(4 Posts)
GentlyGentlyOhDear Mon 08-Apr-13 13:10:18

My dd is 1 tomorrow and over the past three to four weeks I've gone from about 6 feeds in 24 hours to just one bedtime feed.
I've noticed over the past fortnight or so that I feel like I've had constant PMT and have had a few headaches. I just well-up at little things and sad somgs on the radio and I'm feeling quite emotional. I am feeling sentimental about her first birthday, too, I suppose.
Is this due to hormones? And if so, how long will it last?
I'm going to keep on with the bedtime feed for the foreseeable future, but I couldn't hack the constant demands for boob - especially out and about!

mistressploppy Mon 08-Apr-13 14:49:53

Yes, hormones, and it will get better slowly.

Are your boobs ok? No lumps?

GentlyGentlyOhDear Mon 08-Apr-13 14:56:52

Thanks for the reply.
Boobs seem fine - no pain or lumps. I've been really lucky and not had any problems throughout the breastfeeding period so fingers crossed they adjust to the lowered supply easily.
Will wait-out the emotional period then hmm

ClimbingPenguin Mon 08-Apr-13 15:11:09

I night weaned DS a few weeks ago and felt similar (did when DD weaned although I was also pg). He had nearly all his feeds at night so for us was a big drop. He is now on 2 feeds and I think I have adjusted. I also had to go through a period of learning to sleep again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now