Talk

Advanced search

10 weeks in and milk let-down still feels quite painful

(4 Posts)
dietcokeandwine Sun 07-Apr-13 22:01:00

DS3 is 10 weeks tomorrow and BF is going well, his latch and weight gain are great, he is happy in the day and sleeping well between feeds at night etc etc. No pain at all during feeds.

But every so often when I get a milk let-down, the sensation is really quite toe-curlingly uncomfortable. Just for a minute or two, and then it goes, but during that minute or two I'm almost holding my breath waiting for the feeling to pass.

Don't remember this with either of my other two - or at least, I can remember a kind of fizzing sensation in the boobs when they filled up with milk, but don't remember it being painful. This is a kind of painful fizzing sensation, if that makes sense! Is that normal??

Ladyhawke127 Sun 07-Apr-13 22:09:50

9 months on and I still get a dull ache for a wee minute as my milk comes down. It is not horrendous, but a bit achy.

MadMonkeys Mon 08-Apr-13 08:49:23

I had this too for age. Can't remember exactly when it became less painful but we're now at 29 weeks ad its just a tingly ache rather than actually painful.

bramblina Thu 11-Apr-13 21:31:28

My 3rd baby is 20 wks and the let down was agony this time- possibly worse than nipple pain in the early days! It got worse with each child I had but to help you I would say it has almost gone now and probably did this around 12-16 wks so hopefully it will be the same for you. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now