Talk

Advanced search

Bye Bye Bottle

(5 Posts)
LouisaJF Sun 07-Apr-13 18:35:56

DS is a few weeks from turning 1 and the health visitor has advised my to stop the formula at this point and move on to full fat milk. How did you do it? Do you just stop all at once or wean him off it a little? He has three bottles at the moment, breakfast, tea and bedtime. Do they tend to miss it?

wigglesrock Sun 07-Apr-13 19:24:02

I was able just to swap the formula for whole milk with no bother at all. My 3 just accepted the change with no bother at all.

LouisaJF Sun 07-Apr-13 20:06:48

Did you still give them the same? Do you swap bottles for sippy cups?

wigglesrock Sun 07-Apr-13 20:30:08

No, I kept the bottle for tbh as long as they wanted it. The midday/ lunch time bottle was dropped very quickly at about 14 months, but the before bed bottle stayed until 20 months or so with my older two. My 3rd child still gets her bedtime bottle and she's just turned 2. I leave it until they're ready to give it up. Dd3 doesnt fall asleep with her bottle, she brushes her teeth afterwards and she loves having it so I'm happy enough.

katiecubs Sun 07-Apr-13 22:49:05

Mine never noticed any difference - kept giving it in bottles though for a while longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now