Talk

Advanced search

Ebm feeding and pumps

(6 Posts)
chloeb2002 Fri 05-Apr-13 22:03:45

Ok ds is 23 days old. I have had big bf issues with him. Awaiting some speech therapy input to help his (rubbish) suck wink but carrying on with nipple shield and expressing. I have an Isis iq that's a few years old and I've never found batteries strong enough to run it out and about. Feeding rooms here in Aus don't have plugs. I am looking at getting a medela grinswing... Anyone used one out and about. I also find my nips get squashed in the Isis .. Better with a medela symphony so hoping the boob cup is he same..
Any idea how much ebm to offer? I currently allow him as much as he will take figuring that's what he would do at the breast and still hasn't re gained birth weight.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 05-Apr-13 22:10:15

chloe has he been checked for tongue tie. Sounds like it may be worth checking.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 05-Apr-13 22:11:16

Have you tried hand expressing too?

shivs1974 Fri 05-Apr-13 22:13:30

Hi, I fed DD1 by EBM exclusively as she wouldn't latch. Check out kellymom as there is a guide to how much EBM to give. Also there's an old thread called Expessing Clique back in 2005.
Lots of good advice on that.
Hope that helps

chloeb2002 Fri 05-Apr-13 23:34:32

Thanks... Yes been checked for a tongue tie. He has a square tongue that sits back in his mouth and doesn't roll just stays flat. No tie tho.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 06-Apr-13 09:37:33

Has he just been checked the once? It is notoriously easy to miss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now