Talk

Advanced search

2 nights away from toddler - will my milk dry up?

(3 Posts)
MeerkatMerkin Fri 05-Apr-13 08:41:33

I have to attend a family funeral next week at the other end of the country so will be away from my DS aged 2.4 for two nights. I am also 11 weeks pg. DS only feeds 2-3 times a day absolute max (normally just once before bed but occasionally in the morning/nap time). I really dislike expressing and to be honest, with the pregnancy, would rather not. Will I still be able to maintain my supply without doing anything? I know my supply is probably diminished due to pregnancy but my DS isn't ready to stop BFing yet and I don't want this to be a sudden end to it as this will distress him. I've only ever left him overnight for 1 night 3 times in his life, none of which I expressed. Thanks.

EauRouge Fri 05-Apr-13 08:54:28

Sorry for your loss.

At that age you should be fine to spend a couple of nights away without your supply being damaged, as long as you feed plenty when you come back then you should be able to go back to normal. My DD1 was away for 2 nights while I was in labour (she was also 2.4yo) and went back to BF like nothing had happened. That was later on in pregnancy though obviously!

You are right that pregnancy can affect supply. Have you read Adventures in Tandem Nursing?

MeerkatMerkin Fri 05-Apr-13 09:22:48

Thanks for replying. Reassuring to know there shouldn't be a problem.

Was meant to borrow Adventures in Tandem Nursing from our LLL library but with the bereavement completely forgot - might order it for myself when I'm back actually, I keep hearing it being recommended.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now