Talk

Advanced search

How much EBM should i leave for a day at work?

(6 Posts)
MadameJosephine Wed 03-Apr-13 21:57:14

DD is currently 20 weeks old and ebf. When she is 6 months old I plan to go back to work one day a week as KIT days to get back up to speed before returning full time 3 months later. We are planning to start blw at about the same time but I am aware that she probably won't actually eat much to begin with so DP will need me to leave EBM for her. I've started to freeze a little stockpile in 4oz 'portions' but how many of these do you think I should defrost for the day. I'm planning to BF her about 7-7.30am then I won't be back to feed her again until 5 pm. Kellymom suggests an ounce for every hour of absence so would leaving 3 x 4oz bottles be enough do you think? I don't want to defrost too much and have it go to waste

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 04-Apr-13 08:50:52

I always thought that it was an ounce an hour too although I think you are probably best calling one of the bfing helplines and talking this through with a BFC. You don't want to end up engorged and with mastitis. Have you got the numbers?

MadameJosephine Thu 04-Apr-13 09:29:16

Yes I have thanks, might give them a call. DP can always defrost another one if he needs it or if he's really desperate I've told him he can bring her to work and I'll feed her in my lunch hour!

MyNameIsAnAnagram Thu 04-Apr-13 11:24:52

I think an oz an hour too. You will need to pump while at work though or you will get v uncomfortable I think

TinyTear Thu 04-Apr-13 11:40:33

1oz an hour according to the Kellymom websites and forums...

MadameJosephine Thu 04-Apr-13 14:43:15

Thanks everybody. I'll definitely be taking my pump to work with me too otherwise my boobs might explode by the end of the day if I don't!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now