Talk

Advanced search

Breastfed baby sleeping through

(15 Posts)
CreepyCrawly Wed 03-Apr-13 07:37:42

Hi all! My almost 11 week baby is just starting to sleep through the night, is this going to be bad for my supply?

She sleeps for between 5 and 8 hours each night, which is lovely! The first morning after a long stretch my boobs were solid. Now, not so much.

She feeds every couple of hours during the day, sometimes less, and feeds continuously from 7 until 10/11 when she goes down for the night.

I don't really want to express in the night, I'm loving the sleep!

CreepyCrawly Wed 03-Apr-13 07:39:23

Also, she's always been a good sleeper if that makes any difference. It's always been a minimum of 4 hours at night

MrsHoarder Wed 03-Apr-13 08:30:16

Won't damage your supply, its just adjusted to the lower overnight demand. Enjoy your sleep!

CreepyCrawly Wed 03-Apr-13 08:50:50

Thank you! I can stop feeling like I need to poke her every few hours now smile

dozily Wed 03-Apr-13 08:51:52

Don't poke her - enjoy! grin

MediumOrchid Wed 03-Apr-13 08:51:59

Sounds fine to me. If you're feeding her on demand it won't affect your supply. Just a word of warning though - prepare yourself that it might not last! My dd was a pretty good sleeper until the '4 month sleep regression'. But you may be lucky and miss this!

TwitchyTail Wed 03-Apr-13 08:55:30

I have nothing useful to add, just wanted to make a envy face at you and ask if you have any advice.

<wails with sleep deprivation at baby cluster feeding all night>

CreepyCrawly Wed 03-Apr-13 09:01:38

Medium I'm enjoying each and every night, reminding myself that it'll all probably change soon :D

Twitchy no advice I'm afraid, I think I've been lucky. She's akways been a good sleeper, and is a very chilled out baby in general. She doesn't sleep between her bath at 6 and putting her down at about 9:30/10 though, just feeds and feeds and feeds so my dinner is often a struggle.

And Ewan the dream sheep is great! smile

CreepyCrawly Wed 03-Apr-13 09:02:20

dozily I fully intend to! :D

dinkystinky Wed 03-Apr-13 09:03:28

I agere with the others, enjoy it while it lasts. If she's sleeping through she's got a nice full tummy already.

tomatoplantproject Wed 03-Apr-13 09:09:06

My breastfed baby sleeps through too and she's now 5 months. She's really chilled generally, feeds every 1.5hrs ish during the day (so she's tanked up by nighttime) and only naps when we're out and about.

I used to have hard and leaky boobs first thing but they've adjusted more recently.

I think we're blessed with the luck of the gods and there's a big piece of me that when we have another one we're in for a big shock!

RicStar Wed 03-Apr-13 09:11:44

My dd was the same - cluster fed in early evening + slept longish period at nights i had same worries re supply but she was totally fine. The cluster feeding stoped (by her) at about 4 months worried about supply then too as was feeding about 7pm (long feed 45 mins) then once at night 3/4 in morning but she was also fine (she also didnt need to feed that often during day liked long infrequent feeds i worried so much as it was opposite of what i was told to expect + opposite to everyone else i knew who bfeed but she was a right chubby little bub who knew what she needed & who stuck to her 75 percentile weight line despite me being sure she wasnt eating often enough).

WildRumpus Wed 03-Apr-13 09:19:32

My EBF DC3 slept through (10 or more hours) from about 9 weeks. I couldn't believe my luck! (my other babies did NOT sleep through!)She did feed loads during the day though (which had it's challenges with 2 other small DCs to look after). The nights got pretty bad when she started teething and weaning. Now aged 10 months she is feeding once or twice a night on average but it can be more when the teething is painful. (she seems to have frequent short feeds when teeth are coming through rather than fewer long ones). My milk supply has been very flexible feeding on demand and all 3 of my DCs have been big and healthy albeit with quite different feeding patterns. Enjoy the luvverly luvverly sleep while you can smile

CreepyCrawly Wed 03-Apr-13 15:47:00

I'm so pleased to hear all your stories! I was so worried when I woke up this morning and wasn't bursting!

I actually posted a thread when we first came home from hospital to ask if she slept too much. I was thinking it surely couldn't be right!

Lovely sleepy babies smile

dinkystinky Wed 03-Apr-13 15:57:48

DS1 used to cluster feed for hours in the evening - then sleep through from 9 till 4.30/5ish. Bliss. Sadly it all went to pot a few months later but till then was lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now