Talk

Advanced search

Early hungry signs - FF baby

(2 Posts)
stowsettler Tue 02-Apr-13 09:46:18

DD is just over 5 weeks old and is now FF after a traumatic 3 weeks of BF. I try to spot her early hungry signs, and I will usually catch them. However, it seems that unless she's hungry enough to start crying she doesn't take much milk. She'll maybe take 2oz max but then be quite grouchy until the next feed, which is inevitably much sooner than I'd normally expect. But, if I wait until she's all screwy-faced and angry, she sucks it up like a good 'un and stays full and not grouchy for a long while after.

I'm in a bit of a quandary therefore - do I endure the short burst of hungry crying to have a happier baby for longer, or should I continue to feed at her early hunger cues, but have a grumpy DD who's feeding more often? Personally I'm inclined to let her get hungry enough to need a big feed confused

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 02-Apr-13 10:09:36

Let her get hungry....let her tell you when she wants to be fed. I FF two babies and never tried to judge before the hunger cry.

It never occurred to me really. They need to learn to communicate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now