Talk

Advanced search

Should I start giving my breastfed 9 mth old baby formula in a cup?

(8 Posts)
ilikeyoursleeves Mon 01-Apr-13 12:10:24

My ds3 is still BFing about 4/5 times a day but I'm returning to work in 3 weeks time (sob) so I'm not sure what to give him for drinks when he's at nursery. I've given away my steriliser and breast pump cos I exclusively breastfed so I can't express for him. He has cows milk in his cereal and drinks water from a sippy cup but I was wondering whether to give him cows milk or buy some formula to drink on the 3 days he's at nursery?

If I should give him formula what would I buy?

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 01-Apr-13 12:32:37

I'm not trained so could be talking out of my arse but I'd give him cows milk in a cup. It's not recommend as their main drink but if its just 3 says and you are bfing p, it won't be his main drink smile

Welovegrapes Mon 01-Apr-13 12:47:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ilikeyoursleeves Mon 01-Apr-13 21:09:12

Thanks, any idea on what formula to give him? I might do that for a few months then give cows milk. Mind you he barely drinks any water from a cup do doubt he will actually drink that much.

feekerry Mon 01-Apr-13 21:21:13

again just my opinion but i went back to work 4 days a week when my baby was 9m old and was ebf to that point so i had never expressed.
i bought cheap hand pump and did an oz a day for a couple of weeks and froze it so i had a little stock pile going then sent her with 2-3 oz per day. she never took more than that. sometimes nothing but it was there if she wanted it.
when i was back at work i expressed an oz or so at lunch break. i moved to cows milk when dd was nearly 12 months.
i bf on demand whenever i was around and still do
i never sterilized anything either....

ilikeyoursleeves Mon 01-Apr-13 23:13:25

Did she have the ebm in a cup or a bottle? Thanks.

Welovegrapes Mon 01-Apr-13 23:16:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

feekerry Tue 02-Apr-13 13:10:10

cup. never had a bottle in her life.
got her the non drip and spill one and she pretty much feeds herself from it. some days she isnt interested and waits till i get home but its there if she wants it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now