Talk

Advanced search

Worried not expressing enough

(7 Posts)
Gumgardener321 Fri 29-Mar-13 18:28:52

My DS is 5mth old & I've had to go back to work for one day a week sad I express about 3 times a day while at work never going over 5 hours since last expressed. I am useless at expressing so tend to get about 3-4oz in total for the day. give him a good feed before I go &as soon as I return home.My worry is that by expressing such a small amount it is going to affect my supply. Is it ok to express such a small amount or will it affect the supply.
Any advice greatly appreciated

Areyoumadorisitme Fri 29-Mar-13 18:34:12

One day a week is very unlikely to affect your supply as your baby will drink his usual amount the other 6 days a week. Try not to worry about it, it will be fine smile

MyNameIsAnAnagram Fri 29-Mar-13 20:01:32

Even if you end up stopping expressing your supply will just work around it now and you will be sake to feed when with him fine. Do you have photo/video of him to look at while expressing? That often helps get the hormones going.

Gumgardener321 Fri 29-Mar-13 22:10:02

Thanks for the advice it's good to hear that you don't think my supply will be affected think the guilt of going back to work, having to express in a cold side room &having to deal with a boss who thinks I should had gone back after 3 months is taking its toll when it's express time.
Have a little photo with me but will keep trying
Thanks smile

Sleepybunny Sat 30-Mar-13 10:19:10

Expressing wont be easy if you're stressed! Can you try to make it a more relaxing time? Take a nice cuppa, chocolate biscuit and a good magazine?

Remember its all about supply and demand, keep at it and you'll find it get easier.

Like the others say, it won't affect your supply overall

MumOfTheMoos Sat 30-Mar-13 11:38:37

You'll be fine - in any case, how much you can express is not indicative of your overall supply.

Loislane78 Sat 30-Mar-13 12:38:59

I try hand expressing get greater 'yields' smile I aim into one of those lansinoh bags and get way more quite quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now