Talk

Advanced search

Missing feeds effect on supply (9mo)

(5 Posts)
blushingmare Fri 29-Mar-13 11:48:04

Ok I've tried dd (9mo) on having a substantial snack, including dairy, in place of her afternoon bf and she seems happy with that arrangement. So that is my plan for when I go back to work next month. It will only be 2 afternoons a week and I plan to bf for that feed still when I am home.

My question is will I need to pump to maintain supply at the time she would be feeding? I'm not too full so don't think I'll need to donut for comfort.

I'm just a bit concerned about supply at the moment and my boobs just feel less full these days. I also got my period back this week so things feel like the bf is slowing up, but I really want to bf at least to a year.

blushingmare Fri 29-Mar-13 11:48:59

Donut?! Ha! do it

MumOfTheMoos Fri 29-Mar-13 12:55:55

I was away from my DS for 8 hours, 2 days a week for the last 6 months and missed 2 feeds a day but did the others and my supply has been fine. I started off by expressing but he wasn't drinking it, so I stopped.

Although my DS is currently on a nursing strike, so I'm expressing at. Moment, I've ad no problem with my supply.

MoreSnowPlease Fri 29-Mar-13 20:36:43

It could be your period that is affecting your supply, when I get mine my supply drops off loads but always picks back up.

I think you will be ok at 9 mo your supply should be very well established and it adjusts to the amount you feed LO quite quickly

MoreSnowPlease Fri 29-Mar-13 20:38:25

Btw, my DS is also 9 mo and started being away from me a couple of mornings a week about a month ago and supply has adjusted well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now