Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else feel nauseous just before let-down of milk?

(6 Posts)
Tamz77 Fri 23-Jan-04 21:33:44

I know this sounds like an odd question, but I'd be grateful for any opinions or experiences. For the past few weeks I've been experiencing a wave of nausea (much like queasy sea- or morning- sickness) which occurs a few moments before the let-down of milk. It seems to be happening every time, when ds is feeding and when I have a let-down at other times.

Anyone else had this? I have no clue what causes it as ds is nearly 6 months now and it's never happened before! To be honest I thought it was associated with pregnancy as it coincided with the time I started "letting nature take its course" again but I've done 4 -ive pg tests, the most recent only yesterday.

Thanks in advance!

dinosaur Fri 23-Jan-04 21:35:53

I do remember sometimes feeling sort of dizzy - headspins. Not nausea though.

SofiaAmes Fri 23-Jan-04 21:47:28

I didn't get that but it doesn't sound abnormal. There are some pretty major hormones happening when you breastfeed and certainly there would be a surge of them to signal your breasts to let down the milk. Before having children I used to get majorly dizzy and almost faint for a few minutes exactly 4 hours before my period started.

prettycandles Mon 26-Jan-04 15:35:48

I used to get a weird and unpleasant 'surge' feeling deep down in my belly just after the beginning of feeds (I've never felt let-down at all), which was very similar to the nausea I felt with periods before having babies. I assumed that it was the let-down hormones surge, and that they were affecting my uterus. It does sound just like what you're describing, but I only ever had it in the first weeks of bfing.

BekkiKay Mon 26-Jan-04 15:39:40

I get dizzy and happy and sick all at once it sounds normal to me. The sickness is new to me as well my baby is 5 months. I'm putting it down to bf hormones.

hazlinh Sat 03-Apr-04 10:47:27

I thought I was the only one! I've been experiencing 'morning sickness' ever since I got back from hospital, which was a surprise cos I never had it during my pregnancy. the baby is now 2 months old and I'm still getting nausea everytime I feed her. Never bothered to ask the doctor why tho...is it normal???

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: