Talk

Advanced search

Baby taking a lot less time to feed (EBF)

(5 Posts)
MayimBialik Fri 18-Jan-13 19:43:42

My baby is 9 weeks tomorrow and previously he would take 20mins - 30 mins to feed. Occasionally even longer, although I suspect on those occasions he was using me as a dummy.

In the last week or so, however, he has started to take 5-10mins to feed. Is this normal? Is he getting enough milk?

peanutdream Fri 18-Jan-13 20:09:48

They can get much more efficient suddenly. Is he ok otherwise? Have u any other concerns that would make you think he's not getting enough? And he won't have been using you like a dummy, not at that age, he would have been doing important work establishing your supply and getting milk smile x

DrMcDreamysWife Sat 19-Jan-13 03:05:12

Mine definitely got quicker. What do your boobs feel like after a feed? Do they feel softer and emptied? And are nappies same as usual?

Mine tended to do some quick feeds and other times on for ages depending on if she really just wanted to snack or she was using it to help her go to sleep ;)

BrainGoneAwol Sat 19-Jan-13 04:40:37

DS did the same and now has a feed in about 7-8 minutes. I think it's both efficiency and being more interested in the world so wanting to get feeding out of the way.

If it's bedtime though, he has learned to take things more slowly and have a bigger feed. But then I have made where we sit very uninteresting! smile

FuriousRox Sat 19-Jan-13 05:05:14

Mine sped up too around 7-8 weeks, from 30-40 mins to 15-20 mins for a full feed. Thank god - makes the nights easier! he is growing along his curve. I don't think the speeding up shd concern concern uou in itself, unless ther e is something else bothering you alongside it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now