Talk

Advanced search

21mo feeding like newborn after unsettled few weeks

(2 Posts)
diyqueen Fri 04-Jan-13 14:00:35

Dd is 21mo and breastfeeding like a newborn at the mo. we've had a very unsettled few weeks (lots of travelling to visit family over Xmas, plus I'm having a miscarriage - started 3 weeks ago - that has meant lots of waiting around in various hospitals and I'm sure she's picked up that something's amiss though i've tried to keep everything normal as possible). I'm sure that's behind her current clinginess and that it will pass.

But - I'm shattered physically and mentallyand the constant demands for 'muh!' and 'MORE muh!' are driving me bonkers. Not to mention being woken 2-3 times a night by shouts of 'mama! MUH!' I'm trying to give lots of cuddles and attention and bf her when she asks within reason (ie not within half an hour of the last one or in the middle of dinner...!). And trying to keep her distracted with trips out, playing, books etc. but she has a one-track mind at the moment.

Anyone got any advice to help me through this? I love bf her (normally) and she was feeding about 4-5 times a day before I got pregnant which suited us both fine (she was starting to get a bit stressed around feeding while I was pg, think the milk was changing). I think really I just want to offload, none of my close friends have bf beyond 9 months and think I'm weird ad it is.

travispickles Sat 05-Jan-13 20:47:21

Hi - I had this and am now stopping BF (DD is 2 this month). It was really getting me down as I haven't got the mental or emotional strength for the battles day and night. She seems OK with it really, although she has always used \BF to sleep so we are having a million sleep association nightmares now....
I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Do you gt much support from OH?
(BTW - I hear you on the not talking about BF in RL, my friends think I'm nuts too :-) )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now