Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Breastflow bottles, leaky nightmare

(3 Posts)
smk84 Wed 12-Dec-12 13:46:50

Ds is mixed fed and the bottles leak, randomly, all the time. Any advice anyone please? Have tried everything I can think of! I am reluctant to switch as don't want his bottle feeds at be any easier as he's not a big fan of 'working' at the boob anyway. Thank you.

ElphabaTheGreen Thu 13-Dec-12 15:25:26

Breastflow bottles are a bit of a leaking nightmare. Are you definitely not overfilling them? Medela Calma, I believe, are similar to Breastflow in that the baby has to work a bit harder to get the milk out. Alternatively, a latex teated bottle like a Nuk with the smallest hole?

smk84 Thu 13-Dec-12 20:39:42

Thank you, we tried calma a couple of times several weeks ago but ds got very upset as if he didn't know what to do. Perhaps we should try again. i suppose i am a bit reluctant as i dont want to upset him. It's weird actually because we have small and big bottles, and the small ones seem to leak less, even when we put a 200ml carton in! We also tried the nuk and he didn't seem to know what to do at all and the teat kept collapsing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now