Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

No milk at 7 months is it too late to reverse this?

(3 Posts)
destinationanywhere Sat 01-Dec-12 12:13:14

Ds4 is 7 months. A combination of me going back to work part time and him weaning have meant him dropping to only one BF a day in a morning.

This morning I noticed he was still v hungry afterwards and so gave him a bottle and he drank it all. I have tried expressing twice this morning since and got about 1ml. I feel reallysad.

I don't feel ready to stop. I managed to mixed feed ds1 and ds3 like this for months with success. Ds2 I stopped at 4 months. So I guess maybe some babies just prefer bottles and some breast?

He's my last baby and I hoped to carry on for a few months more. Is it too late? Obviously with 4 boys and a part time job days in bed doing skin to skin and feeding are out of the question. Any suggestions welcome. I only have A hand pump but it has served me well over the years!

thezoobmeister Sat 01-Dec-12 13:29:04

I think if you tried to up the feeds you could increase your supply again. Could you squeeze in another feed in the evening? also, 7 months is still on the young side to be replacing milk with solids - ideally what happens is that solids slowly increase alongside milk. So how about offering a BF before meals?

nickelbabeuntiladvent Sat 01-Dec-12 13:30:39

and don't be disheartened by what you can express - a lot of people can't express much at all.

just keep offering the boob, the more he takes it, the more milkl you will have

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now