Talk

Advanced search

5 hours between feeds for a 2 month old

(4 Posts)
Gillyweed001 Fri 30-Nov-12 15:01:53

Ds is 2 months old, and breast fed apart from 1 bottle of formula at night that dh gives, so I can get some sleep. For the past 5 weeks I have been feeding Ds to a schedule of every 2 and a half hours during the day. Today I fed Ds at 9:15, and we then went out. He was asleep, so I thought rather than wake him up for his feed as I would normally do, I would wait for him to wake up by himself. He woke up at 14:30! So my question is if this was to carry on going forward, is 5 hours between feeds too long for a 2 month old, or should I just let Ds dictate to me when he wants feeding, regardless of the time between feeds? Many thanks in advance.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 30-Nov-12 15:04:14

Personally if my Lo was doing 5 hours sleep without a feed, I'd be wanting them to do it at night.

Gillyweed001 Fri 30-Nov-12 15:12:44

He does :-). Normally goes to sleep about 9 pm ish, wakes at 2am, and then about 6am ish.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 30-Nov-12 18:55:09

Really don't feel qualified to answer, I suppose if Lo is gaining weight, has plenty of wet and dirty nappies and is bright and alert at times you could take their lead but mine always wanted feeding far more frequently than 5 hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now