Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Toddler wanting sooo much breastmilk.

(4 Posts)
Fiftyshadesofposset Wed 28-Nov-12 11:54:06

My 15 month old DS is suddenly wanting to breastfeed all the time..including several times at night. It is all getting a bit much and so plan to stop next week. Not quite sure how to go about it as he really screams if I try to deny him his favourite drink! Any advice?

sherbetpips Wed 28-Nov-12 14:33:21

Is he actually feeding or just using it for comfort? It isn't unusual for them to get clingy at this age but he shouldn't be night feeding anymore. Make the bed time bottle a lovely cuddly snugly one with lots of cuddles, warm blankets etc but be strong about not offering the breast (easier said than done). Good luck x

Jules125 Wed 28-Nov-12 15:31:13

We managed to break this habit at 12 months.

To do this took DH going in every time DD woke and patting her back to sleep in the cot. No just crying it out. This took two hours of patting the first time (2 houra of horrible screaming!) but was quickly better within a week - and for the last year she has now slept through every night. The short term pain was worthwhile.

I couldn't have done it as 1) I'm too soft) and 2) I smelt too much of mlk.

Jakeyblueblue Wed 28-Nov-12 22:16:29

It might just be a little phase, maybe relating to teething or some other issue that requires a bit of extra comfort.
My ds went through similar last month and it lasted a good few weeks but its settled now. Think it was related to teething. Maybe hang in there for another week and see if it happens on its own? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now