Talk

Advanced search

Anyone Weaned During pg?

(2 Posts)
DeathMetalMum Tue 20-Nov-12 20:38:35

I'm hoping to wean dd 21 months as I am also just past half way through pg.I have come to the point where I am ready I definatley need a break before dc 2. I have read a little bit about tandem feeding but it really isnt for me.

It did seem as though she was cutting down her feeds (only morning and night anyway). She was only having 5-10 mins max at night and a little longer in the morning while I woke up properly in bed. Though quite happy to skip this if we got up. Last few days its been more like 30 minutes (she would go longer but I have distracted as need to her to go to bed). I know I don't have much millk if any left so I guess she is comfort sucking?

I was hoping to take the pathe of least resistance but as time goes by its looking more and more like cold turkey :-(. Anyone succesfully weaned during pg (or dc self weaned hppeful?)

Spoonpaws Tue 20-Nov-12 21:43:43

My son weaned half way through my pregnancy with my daughter. He was also down to 5-10 minutes at night and slightly longer morning feeds.

I would just cut feeds by 30 seconds each time, distracting him with something else, and on a couple of occasions my Other Half put him to bed and he didn't feed at all.

One night he just said 'no milk mummy' and that was that!

Perhaps your daughter is just noticing that things are changing a bit and wants some reassurance from you? My son was the same when he realised I had a bump but we read 'there's a house inside my mummy' and had some cuddles instead of feeding and that seemed to help.

Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now