Talk

Advanced search

19 week old DS has 2 teeth and is EBF

(4 Posts)
JezzaJ9 Tue 20-Nov-12 19:20:24

My DS is teething and has now got 2 teeth broken through I think more maybe on the way but he keeps biting and it's really painful. I pull him off and say no sturnly to him sometimes he laughs sometimes crys but he is not stopping it mainly when he us tired but what do I do? Any surggestions much appreciated. DS 1 now 4 had teeth early but only ever bite me once. Thanks.

BettyStogs Tue 20-Nov-12 19:27:12

Have a look on kellymom, there are some good ideas, can't link as on phone but if you Google 'kellymom biting'
you should find it.

DeathMetalMum Tue 20-Nov-12 19:35:38

Sometimes ignoring it (if possible) helps means they don't get any reaction out of you. Also the easiest way to make them let go is to bring them closer to your breast for a few seconds kind of so the nose is covered and they need to take open their mouth fully to take a breath. I too reccomend kellymom.

Dd had a couple of phases of biting lasting a couple of days a time.

showtunesgirl Tue 20-Nov-12 21:40:32

I started quite a few threads about biting too when DD went through a phase of it.

I found the silent absolute no tolerance approach worked best. Saying no only made her giggle as it got some kind of reaction out of me. If DS bites, pull them close to you as DeathMetalMum said and then pop them in their cot and walk away for a minute. Then try again, they very quickly learn that biting means no milk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now