Talk

Advanced search

Climbing frame with a milk dispenser?

(5 Posts)
MerryChristMoose Mon 19-Nov-12 03:02:11

That description sums up how I feel.

DS will be 11 months on the 27th. We've co-slept pretty much from the start. He slept for 5 hours straight once or twice when he was very small. Now however, the longest stretch will be about 3 hours.

A week or so ago he switched from commando crawling to hands and knees. With this came a new night-time habit. We side feed and when he's done with the boob closest to the mattress, he'll stand up or kneel over me for the other boob. If I switch him over, he'll do the same thing again, going back to the original boob.

He's waking every 45 minutes to an hour. From 2am to around 4am seems to be the worst time. He was awake for those 2 hours the night before last. Strangely, his naps don't seem too bad, apart from the fact that I'm with him (that's a whole other problem!).

I'm wondering if it's tied in with a sleep regression? Please reassure me it's just a phase. I so want to keep going.

VisualiseAHorse Mon 19-Nov-12 08:46:21

There I was imagining some sort of hamster cage with one of those upside down bottles that hamsters use. Someone needs to invent a jumbo version for kids...

Sorry, I'm not much help!

AngelDog Mon 19-Nov-12 08:50:45

46 week developmental leap - you can read about it at www.thewonderweeks.com. It'll be made worse by the new physical development. His brain is too busy to let him sleep properly and his body is too busy to let him sleep. It should get better on its own soon. smile

MadeInChinaBaby Mon 19-Nov-12 08:55:06

Yes, I'd say sleep regression, probably as he's just mastered crawling. I remember my DS doing the same - pretty much crawling in his sleep, and feeding incessantly through the night. Whenever they take a huge step developmentally, they seem to need you more, just to know you're still there as they grow in independence.

I know how tough sleep deprivation is, and the only comfort I can offer is this too shall pass.

Welovecouscous Mon 19-Nov-12 21:41:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now