Talk

Advanced search

nursing chairs

(3 Posts)
frogem366 Mon 12-Nov-12 13:58:31

Does anyone use these or do they become an expensive clothes hanger??

I have been looking at a few different glider style makes and also at the ikea pong style chair (kiddicare also do a similar one). I will have budget of around £200 and wonder if the extra for the glider style is worth it. But feel that maybe the glider would have a shorter shelf life, and the pong style may also have other uses after baby's feeding has come to an end.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KatAndKit Mon 12-Nov-12 17:15:00

Ikea Poang chair - they also do a rocking version. I have found the poang very comfortable for breastfeeding and much cheaper than a nursing chair. The gliders are nice though, but it is a lot more expensive.

On the ikea site, they often show the most expensive poang. Selecting a plain cover on the drop down menu can dramatically reduce the price. But do buy a footstool, I found this greatly increased my comfort at first. I didn't get the matching one, I just made do with one we had at home, but if you buy a poang or even a glider, you might as well get the matching footstool.

I don't think the glider would have to have a shorter life. even when you are done with BF it might be a nice bedtime story chair in your baby's room although I suppose when they are toddling about it might not be safe when they are in there unsupervised. In theory you could just continue to use it as an armchair in your living room although I think the nursing chairs are a bit ugly and a poang is likely to look nicer in your living room.

EauRouge Mon 12-Nov-12 17:20:00

I never bothered at all, my sofa was just fine- comfy and big enough to lie back for biological nurturing. If either of my DDs needed rocking I just used to stick them in the sling and go for a walk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now