Talk

Advanced search

Forgot to change the Milton's

(7 Posts)
MrsHelsBels74 Mon 12-Nov-12 01:42:31

At 8:30 tonight I should have changed the Milton's fluid in our steriliser. I forgot and put some bottles (that had been through the dishwasher) in at about 10:30. Just given DS (7 weeks) a feed without realising. Please reassure me that he'll be fine. Deep down I'm sure he will be & I'm panicking about nothing, but I need someone to tell me I am.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Mon 12-Nov-12 01:54:14

He will be fine smile

They say you don't need to sterilise again if you use a DW as it gets hot enough to do the job itself, however, I don't really trust it. A dunk in the miltons, even if it's a bit old will certainly finish the job off.

Lovey, you are stressing too much. It will all be alright. Are you taking DS to his nursery tomorrow?

ChippingInLovesAutumn Mon 12-Nov-12 01:54:52

For the benefit of other posters... I was referring to her older DS, not the baby!!

TanteRose Mon 12-Nov-12 01:57:00

he'll be absolutely fine smile

the dishwasher uses very hot water anyway

there is a whole thread somewhere about not needing to sterilise stuff, will see if I can find it

TanteRose Mon 12-Nov-12 02:07:34

FOund it! www.mumsnet.com/Talk/breast_and_bottle_feeding/91585-imho-and-the-opinion-of-microbiologists-there-is-no-need

<must get back to work...>

whatsoever Mon 12-Nov-12 05:05:21

I try and express and give one bottle a day and my breast pump instructions say the parts need to be sterilised OR go through the dishwasher, so you'll be absolutely fine.

MrsHelsBels74 Mon 12-Nov-12 17:23:47

Chipping didn't take son to nursery today as he only goes Thursdays & Fridays but we've had a good day, everyone's still alive & unhurt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now