Talk

Advanced search

Dark brown poo in ebf 4 month old.

(4 Posts)
MatriarchalDreams Sun 11-Nov-12 15:36:59

My baby is four months and ebf, she poos 4-5 times a day, today she has had two very dark brown poos, is this something to be concerned about? She's teething atm - yesterday noticed that the first tooth has just come through the gum, she's chewing her fists loads and dribbling. Also, this morning she had a small amount of blood on her cot sheet on either side of her head and on her cheek, think this could be from her gums or possibly from my nipple, she's bitten me a couple of times and I have a wound on one nipple which has bled slightly, this was the side she had last fed from before the blood on the sheets. Could this be linked to the brown poo?

junemami Sun 11-Nov-12 19:53:54

Hi, this could have been me last week, 4mo dd teething bit/twisted my nipple leading to a crack. V sore with every feed, then noticed bleeding at 1 feed, didn't look like much but she vomited a fair bit of brown blood after and had two massive black nappies the following day (digested blood) sad
Hv suggested when she hurts me to take her off without looking at her/apeaki

junemami Sun 11-Nov-12 19:56:57

Argh phone posted too soon

...speaking and putting her down somewhere safe for a few min. Lots of tears but I only had to do it a few times. Much better now. Also used lots of lansinoh.

Hth

MatriarchalDreams Sun 11-Nov-12 21:37:31

Thanks very much! Good to know someone else has been through the same, (although obviously not good to be bitten/hurt by a teething baby!) Very annoyed that after thinking we'd finally cracked it I had another sore nipple again! It's already improving though with plenty of lansinoh and now the tooth's through she seems to have stopped biting down. Last poo of the day normal too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now