Talk

Advanced search

Last night...feeding every hour! I mean, seriously, COME ON!!!

(11 Posts)
maldivemoment Sat 10-Nov-12 08:37:43

She's now 19 weeks and I saw every hour last night...mostly snacking and using me to get back to sleep.
Flippin 'eck. Tell me it's ok, it happened to you and you got through it (just don't tell me it will go on for months!)

Oh yes and I had 3 year old at the other side of me while husband slept contentedly in spare room. My bed was a squash and a squeeze!

Moan over. As you were...brew

Indith Sat 10-Nov-12 08:48:32

grin. Don't you just love babies! If it isn't a growth spurt it is a developmental leap. If it isn't that then it is teething. Or coming down with a cold. Or general "I can't sleep mummy help me".

My reasonably sleeping baby teased me at 4 months old with a wonderful week or so of self settling and just waking every 3 hours ish for a feed and going back to sleep. It was bliss. Then we hit the next growth spurt. He is now 8 months and has not settled back down yet, we are currently on the start of separation anxiety along with a bit of a cold that means that after around 1am he wakes every 20 minutes with a lovely cough.

Indith Sat 10-Nov-12 08:50:16

Least my 5 year old mostly sleeps though and the 3 year old yells for daddy and asks him to snuggle her when she wakes so he gets to join her in her bed where she wriggles and kicks.

needsadviceplease Sat 10-Nov-12 09:26:55

Had the hourlies... Had the half-hourlies... Recently (6mo) even had the night-long attachment... It all passes, but it's awful! Sympathies.

ZuleikaD Sat 10-Nov-12 14:46:16

Yeah, been there, watched the clock. Sympathies smile. Good luck, this too shall pass.

maldivemoment Sun 11-Nov-12 09:17:48

Oh dear Lord, needsadviceplease 'half-hourlies'???? If (when?) that happens I think I will officially become insane!

Last night was brilliant - only up 3 times between 12 & 6 grin

MM

TeuchterInTheCity Sun 11-Nov-12 10:19:09

Hourlies here with DS (18 weeks) and 3 year old up last night too. Sympathies!

It can only get better...?!

Indith Sun 11-Nov-12 10:40:46

My 8 mmonth old still permalatched over night. He is starteing to get really annoyed with my rather enthusiastic milk supply in the day. I have pointed out that if he didn't feed so much in the night i wouldn't squirt so much in the day but he doesn't seem to understand.

wewereherefirst Sun 11-Nov-12 10:47:25

My 9 month old is an all night feeder, has been from day one. I have been reliably informed that they dont do it at 16

wink

maldivemoment Sun 11-Nov-12 14:26:49

wewereherefirst if I'm still posting the same old drivel in 5 months (i.e. when baby will be 9 months old) please be lurking around with words of encouragement!

And when our babies are 16 it will be payback time...grin

wewereherefirst Sun 11-Nov-12 14:41:22

grin it does get easier, co-sleeping is a saviour when the monster feeds wildly, never thought I would but it's saved me!

I can not wait for DS2 to be 16. I have really embarrassing photo's of him which will be so sweet! Pahahaha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now