Talk

Advanced search

BFing 16 month old - can I skip a day?

(6 Posts)
Mamakath Fri 09-Nov-12 19:36:03

I'm still feeding my 16mo DS (never thought we'd get this far but turns out he is a boob monster!). We dropped the morning feed about a week ago and I'm just feeding him at bedtime now. I've got to go away for work on Monday and won't be back for the bedtime feed. Can I skip the evening feed just for a day without it affecting supply? Am I going to need to express? (Would have to buy a new pump especially as I can't hand express and my old one is in storage - didn't think I'd need it.) Any advice welcome!

midori1999 Fri 09-Nov-12 19:44:23

I am breastfeeding my 16 month old, several tumescent a day and wouldn't even stop to think about missing a day.

It'll be fine, even if it did affect your supply (which it won't) then you could get it back.

AngelDog Sat 10-Nov-12 22:19:10

Agree. smile

MoelFammau Sun 11-Nov-12 00:49:13

I recently had 2 days away from DD (16mo at the time). It was painful for me because I was working and couldn't express adequately but DD survived. I think the supply dipped the following day but was back up the day after.

HTH.

Mamakath Sun 11-Nov-12 19:47:06

Thanks all - clearly I've been panicking about nothing! smile

Edma Sun 11-Nov-12 20:25:01

I had to go away for work for 7 days and it was fine, although I had to express quite a bit at the beginning.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: