Talk

Advanced search

BFing 16 month old - can I skip a day?

(6 Posts)
Mamakath Fri 09-Nov-12 19:36:03

I'm still feeding my 16mo DS (never thought we'd get this far but turns out he is a boob monster!). We dropped the morning feed about a week ago and I'm just feeding him at bedtime now. I've got to go away for work on Monday and won't be back for the bedtime feed. Can I skip the evening feed just for a day without it affecting supply? Am I going to need to express? (Would have to buy a new pump especially as I can't hand express and my old one is in storage - didn't think I'd need it.) Any advice welcome!

midori1999 Fri 09-Nov-12 19:44:23

I am breastfeeding my 16 month old, several tumescent a day and wouldn't even stop to think about missing a day.

It'll be fine, even if it did affect your supply (which it won't) then you could get it back.

AngelDog Sat 10-Nov-12 22:19:10

Agree. smile

MoelFammau Sun 11-Nov-12 00:49:13

I recently had 2 days away from DD (16mo at the time). It was painful for me because I was working and couldn't express adequately but DD survived. I think the supply dipped the following day but was back up the day after.

HTH.

Mamakath Sun 11-Nov-12 19:47:06

Thanks all - clearly I've been panicking about nothing! smile

Edma Sun 11-Nov-12 20:25:01

I had to go away for work for 7 days and it was fine, although I had to express quite a bit at the beginning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now