Talk

Advanced search

Weekend away and BF 10 month old?

(2 Posts)
Busybeebaby Thu 08-Nov-12 18:52:42

Hi

I have been considering going away for a girly weekend to celebrate my birthday but I don't know how practical it would be as I am still breastfeeding. My baby is almost 7 months now but will be 10 months at the time. He is fully breastfed and so has never been given any formula but is managing ok with his solids. He doesn't yet sleep through the night (although whether this will still be the case by then is anyone's guess) and so I have never left him overnight but he has stayed with grandparents on a few occasions for a few hours.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me any practical advice? Am I mad to even consider it?

TIA
B xxx

BettyStogs Thu 08-Nov-12 19:36:58

No, not mad to consider it, sounds lovely! I did one night away when DS was 5 months old and ebf so certainly do-able at 10 months if he is eating well too. If you're not sure about formula can you express at all? There is plenty of time to build up a freezer stash and maybe get him used to drinking from a bottle or cup. If he's not keen on milk that doesn't come direct from the source I would say a day of two with lots of yogurt and cheese instead would be fine. I say go for it and have a great time. Oh and don't forget to take a breast pump with you or you might end up very uncomfortable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now