Talk

Advanced search

Lots of night feeds at 9 months

(4 Posts)
Squiglettsmummy2bx Mon 05-Nov-12 21:34:54

My DS turned 9 months old on Saturday. He eats plenty of solids, today for example he had porridge & toast for breakfast, sandwich fruit & yogurt for lunch, jacket potato with cheese beans & sausage for dinner with a biscuit & fruit as snacks. He breast feeds between 5 & 8 times during the day, some big long feeds some quick ones. He also drinks a bit of water through the day. We co-sleep & he wakes to feed a lot, 10 times last night between 9pm & 6.30am. I am not sure if it's just comfort sucking or if he wants milk as he will refuse one breast & I have to leap over him to offer the other side like that one was empty. He is big for his age, very tall & fitting perfectly in 9-12 & even some 12-18 month clothes & he is very active crawling climbing & trying to walk.
I am going to bf as long as possible & if the waking is part of it then so be it but a few hours solid sleep would be so nice. Any ideas?

lemontwist Tue 06-Nov-12 00:17:09

Sounds just like my 10 mo DS2. Its awful isn't it when you never get even a few hours let alone a full nights sleep. DS1 slept through for 10-12 hours at 12 weeks so was totally unprepared for DS2 waking every hour or so for the first 9 months. We mostly co-slept too until a few weeks ago when we finally got a wall built in our new house and created his bedroom. The difference has been amazing. We had a few really hard nights as DS was used to cuddles all night but has gone from waking every hour or two for a full feed to completely dropping night feeds and just waking occasionally. I can't tell you how much better I feel. I'm sure most of the night feeds were comfort sucking but he now makes up for it by pretty much being clamped to my chest from 5.30 am onwards hmm. Ah well, better than numerous night wakings I'm sure.

needsadviceplease Tue 06-Nov-12 02:45:02

There is a big developmental leap between 8-11mo. Obviously that doesn't fix anything but it might add a bit of context!

needsadviceplease Tue 06-Nov-12 02:51:32

www.isabelagranic.com/bed-timing/8-11-months/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now