Talk

Advanced search

ds hysterical today - green poo and screaming

(8 Posts)
toomuchtooyoung Sun 04-Nov-12 18:50:23

Since about 5am ds has not been himself. He's not a particularly happy baby anyway, lots of crying and general grumpiness but today has been off the scale.

He's had 10+ nappy changes, most of his poos are quite explosive and liquidy, the last two were green, and the one 10 minutes ago clearish and mucousy. He's also getting nappy rash now.

He's been screaming for most of the day when not asleep or feeding

I've read that green poo is in the range of normal, but even by his grumpy standards his screams make him sound like he's in agony.

I did have a spinach curry last night but didn't think food was supposed to effect my milk??

Help! Any thoughts?

EauRouge Sun 04-Nov-12 19:04:48

Very unlikely that it was the curry. Could be a stomach bug maybe? How old is he?

gemmeg Sun 04-Nov-12 19:06:28

Oh dear it sounds like you're having a tough time sad. It sounds like your ds may have tummy trouble. When my ds had green poo I did a bit of research and read that green poo which is explosive is a sign of an irritable tummy. Is your ds is EBF?

katieearnshaw Sun 04-Nov-12 19:09:07

Could it be colic? My son suffered really badly from colic and the dr said green poo is a classic sign. He screamed all the time when he wasn't sleeping or feeding too.

toomuchtooyoung Sun 04-Nov-12 19:32:09

He's 15 weeks, and bf apart from 1 formula bottle at night which dh gives so i can get some sleep. Although for the past 2 nights he's refused the bottle.

He's a bit colicy, but nothing like his sister at this age, and not grumpy allthe time, so doubt it.

Time for a trip to the docs tomorrow?

toomuchtooyoung Sun 04-Nov-12 20:10:22

Or could it be silent reflux? Can that develop at a late stage? He's always been quite a sicky baby, but nothing projectile, more like he was a bit too greedy and it wouldn't fit in his tummy.

What can be done for tummy troubles, or a stomach bug.

We did have a bad case of d&v through dd, dh and mil a few weeks ago. Me and ds didn't get it though

I'm at a loss......

katieearnshaw Sun 04-Nov-12 20:48:48

I just Googled it and it looks like it could be any of what you've suggested. I reckon get it checked out at the doctors and then they can hopefully work out what it is and put your mind at rest x

toomuchtooyoung Mon 05-Nov-12 02:36:15

Ds finally slept for about 3 hrs last night, and woke to feed quite calmly. He's had a poo since and it's back to yellow and mustardy.

Have been doing lots of reading and now suspect oversupply, so have started to block feed to see if it makes any difference

Step away from google !!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now