Talk

Advanced search

prem baby poo

(4 Posts)
fairimum Sun 04-Nov-12 13:35:31

DD was born 19 days ago at 33+2 and came home on Friday - she has been on EBM for the first 2 weeks but due to the medication they needed to give me she can't have my milk anymore, she had been pooing almost every feed on my milk, then she was put on neutriprem 1 for a few days and was pooing about once a day... she was putting weight on a bit quick so they moved her to aptamil the day before she came home... the last time she pooed was 4am Friday morning (before left hospital) - when do i need to get concerned? she has been straining a little, but on the whole is very settled/doesnt seem uncomfortable...

when do i get worried??
thanks smile

applecrumple Sun 04-Nov-12 16:27:32

Congrats on your dc! My dd was also prem. has your MW been round since you came home? You could always contact the maternity ward for advice (or SCBU) xsmile

fairimum Sun 04-Nov-12 19:09:00

MW has been, she suggested cooled boiled water... which sure scbu said not to give as she needed the calories... she doesnt seem uncomfortable at all but will called scbu tomorrow if still no poo!

Loislane78 Mon 05-Nov-12 09:11:17

I don't know about prem babies OP but babies do strain a bit anyway, doesn't mean they are constipated. They are getting used to feelings in their tummies/bowels so could just be that or a bit of wind; which I would guess if settled otherwise. Best to check with SCBU though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now