Talk

Advanced search

Help me please!

(5 Posts)
NumptyDumty Sun 04-Nov-12 08:31:38

My DS is nearly 5 months old, apart from the standard pain of starting to BF everything has been great!

Until now, literally overnight a pain developed in my left breast, it is horrific, I actually want to cry when I touch it. It's down one side and I'm pretty sure that its This I have a white spot on the nipple like in the picture. but since 5 am I have been trying to make it better, hot bath, hot shower, pumped 2oz then nursed from that side to. Now it's too painful to touch to try and express more off.

This is the first problem we have encountered, may be due to a lazy latch while sleeping (would this really happen after one feed?) my baba Is also showing signs of teething and has bitten down a few times last week, apart from that it really has come out of nowhere!

Please give me some advice!

NumptyDumty Sun 04-Nov-12 08:45:09

Okay so I took the 'squeeze with nails' too far my poor nipples, I did however manage to clear it, oh my gosh the relief, I actually said ahhhh as I watched my milk go down the sink! Haha never thought I'd do that!

Going to the MIL today, no sleep and sore boobs, going to be a barrel of laughs!

tiktok Sun 04-Nov-12 08:58:11

Glad you got that sorted, numpty - hope the tenderness clears soon.

allthegoodnamesweretaken Sun 04-Nov-12 08:59:01

Hi! You want to try and align the baby's chin with the duct that's inflamed. (Not easy when it's at the top, I can tell you!) This helps clear it and eases the pain. HTH xx

NumptyDumty Sun 04-Nov-12 09:42:29

Even thought the 'blockage' has cleared am I best offering this side first for the rest of the day? To keep re-blockages at bay? Or just feed as normal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now