Talk

Advanced search

Night feeding help please

(6 Posts)
MummyVicky18 Sat 03-Nov-12 20:14:50

My ds who is about to turn 5 months wakes every 2 - 3 hours during the night. I feed him & he usually goes back to sleep.

Now during the day he is capable of going 4 - 5 hours between feeds.

So my question is should I feed him every time he wakes? I'm not talking about stopping the night feeds as I know he still needs them but do you think if its only been say 2 hours since last feed I should still feed him or get him back to sleep another way?

Softlysoftly Sat 03-Nov-12 20:17:52

Watching with interest as I am in the same boat except she also hates her cot so needs constant resetting <<yawn>>.

I would say I always try to rock her sleep first and only if she persists do I feed, sometimes it works and I know she wasn't hungry.

NeedlesCuties Sat 03-Nov-12 20:39:00

lurking as I'm looking for an answer to this too.

rubyslippers Sat 03-Nov-12 20:54:01

If you feed him and he goes back to sleep after then he's hungry and needs feeding

Loislane78 Sat 03-Nov-12 21:35:51

How long does he feed for at night time ie. is he snacking cos he's woken up and needs a bit of comfort to fall back to sleep or actually hungry? I generally wake my LO up if she's gone past 3.5 hrs (definitely 4) in the day and she's usually pretty good at night. Lots of daylight too (well as much as is possible!)

feekerry Sat 03-Nov-12 21:38:34

i always always bf my dd back to sleep if i hear her stir, its quick and easy. when she hit 6 months she started sleeping 12/13 hours at night without stirring. so i'd say go with it and feed on demand, personally i think going 4-5 hours between feeds in day is quite a long time for a 5 month old. i'd feed as much as possible in the day.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now