Talk

Advanced search

How to stop BFing a 12 month old?

(8 Posts)
Snowgirl1 Fri 02-Nov-12 22:50:09

My DD is 10 months. I'd like to stop feeding her when she reaches 12 months - I've enjoyed BFing, but she has teeth now and although she's not biting it's definitely much more uncomfortable now so I'd like to stop at 12 months.

She feeds first thing in the morning (5am) in bed with us and latches on for 1.5 hours.

And she feeds before she goes to bed.

Is there any way to stop without causing too much distress to her?

TitaniaP Fri 02-Nov-12 23:00:58

No advice I'm afraid but would love to hear any advice on the subject.

JesusInTheCabbageVan Sat 03-Nov-12 19:56:46

1.5 hours? Did you mean to type HOURS? Snowgirl they need to create a medal emoticon just for you, bloody hell. And at 5am too, god.

But anyway... I have a 10mo too and am hoping to phase it out at 12m. All the books say to cut out feeds gradually, but it sounds as though you're doing that.

DH just come back with kebabs so that's that. Fat lot of good am I.

Snowgirl1 Tue 06-Nov-12 14:50:59

Yes, I did mean to type hours! At least now I don't feel that I'm being unreasonable in want to phase this out! To be fair I am lying in bed snoozing while DD latches on, so it's not too bad...until her teeth start to rub away at bit too much. That's when I take her off and she cries. And cries. I'm just wondering how to prevent her getting too distressed when she doesn't get any BF at all in morning...

Crimebusterofthesea Tue 06-Nov-12 17:05:42

I have no advice as I am in exactly the same boat, but just wanted to say...1 and a half HOURS?! If there was a halo emoticon, it would be winging its way to you right about now...

mummysmellsofsick Tue 06-Nov-12 17:29:45

Is 1.5 hrs unusual? Can I have a medal too please, my DS us 11 months and bfs nearly all night <hijacks thread to boast about own sleep deprivation --and idiocy-->

No advice about cutting down, I'm still feeding as much as ever especially this week as DS has been ill.

JesusInTheCabbageVan Tue 06-Nov-12 18:40:47

V V
O O

Two medals for you both grin

mummysmellsofsick Tue 06-Nov-12 20:08:43

Ooh thank you Jesus!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now