Talk

Advanced search

Formula for a mostly breastfed baby?

(3 Posts)
thecatsminion Fri 02-Nov-12 11:52:42

DS is just under 6 months old. I'm back at work got a couple of things coming up where I'm going to miss feeds, and leave him with my DH. Gradually I guess I'll switch him more onto formula.

I've got some milk in the freezer, but I wanted to have a couple of bottles of formula in stock just in case. Thing is, whenever I've tried him on formula before - the last time was SMA when I had a d&v bug - he just barfed it back up. He had to have it just after he was born, so he's not allergic - the hv says it's quite common for breastfed babies to puke formula. He doesn't get ill, he just gobbles it down and then it reappears, which him grinning away!

Is there a brand that he might be less likely to throw up?

needsadviceplease Fri 02-Nov-12 12:51:43

Am def no expert, but my ebf ds has had formula twice (in 6m) and C&G went down fine.

SamSmalaidh Fri 02-Nov-12 12:54:37

No, you just have to try various brands and see what works for you. There isn't one that is better/worse.

Are you giving him too much though? A feed for a breastfed baby is about 3-4oz, so if you are feeding him a 7oz bottle that might make him puke.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now