Talk

Advanced search

How much bigger were your breasts at the different stages of breastfeeding?

(10 Posts)
squidkid Wed 31-Oct-12 15:16:30

I'm sure everyone is very different but I'd be interested to know! My baby was born a month ago and I am mostly about 1-2 cup sizes and one back size bigger than pre-pregnancy at the moment, however, I am tending towards too much milk and on some days I'm much bigger than that.

Will this settle down? Are breastfeeding boobs always variable in size?

I'd like to go get some more nursing bras, from somewhere nice like bravissimo, I'm just living in cheap ones at the moment, when would be a good time to do this? Size seems so variable at the moment. What size were you pre-preg and what size were you whilst feeding? I am hoping to breastfeed till at least 6 months, it seems to be going well at the moment but I hate my tops being so tight. I guess I have a little bit of preg weight to shift still too, though it seems to have come off pretty quickly, most of my clothes fit.

I had biggish boobs before pregnancy (34DD) so am hoping they might go back to something similar... I am not that big myself and i don't really much like having giant boobs!

ElphabaTheGreen Wed 31-Oct-12 16:28:51

I went from 30F (pre) to 32G (post).

The Bravissimo nursing bras are 'orrible, much as I hate to say that about my favourite shop. Go there to get measured by all means but go online to find something nice like an Anita underwired nursing bra. The Hot Milk bras also get a good rap on MN. Here is my online shop of choice for nursing bras. smile

feekerry Wed 31-Oct-12 20:46:36

Hi. I went up one back size and two cup sizes till about 5 ish months, now nearly 7 months in to ebf and my boobs are back to normal size again, still ebf on demand too. In fact i've just gone back to wearing normal bras now as had enough of yuk nursing bras.

J4D3 Wed 31-Oct-12 21:38:01

I was 30c pre-baby, 34/36D during pregnancy, now go between 36DD and 36E (!) during the day. WTAF! DD is 16 WO and I still wake up looking like Dolly Parton! I'd love to be able to go back to being bra-less in bed (and not leak everywhere!).

I got some nursing bras from Bravissimo through my local Latch on group (for trade price) and they're well worth the money. I use a sporty type to sleep in and a nice soft one in the day. Their vest tops with a bra built in are great too, especially if you're well endowed! wink

RubyrooUK Wed 31-Oct-12 22:28:35

32C pre-pregnancy, up to 32F during pregnancy. Then hit 34H at the start of breastfeeding, then dropped down sizes till I finished feeding at about 34DD. Then about three months later they were back to 32C/D and a slightly better, rounder shape than before.

Am now pregnant again. They are huge already - 34F. Boooo.

RubyrooUK Wed 31-Oct-12 22:29:03

Oh I breastfed for 16 months in case that matters.

notcitrus Wed 31-Oct-12 23:09:16

I love the Royce bras from John Lewis. Was 34DD before ds, 36F while nursing, back to around 34E after a year and nearly stopping feeding, then with dd went up to 36F or G. I should have got fitted just before a feed as the F bra was too small a lot of the time in the first couple months, but fits fine since 12 weeks.

squidkid Fri 02-Nov-12 09:47:35

Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated!

When would it be worth getting measured? I gave birth a month ago now. Might they get smaller? (Surely they won't get any bigger now!)

MamaMary Fri 02-Nov-12 09:51:48

Squidkid,I breastfed for six months and my boobs stayed at the same (large!) size the whole time. They only got smaller after I stopped. Like, you I'm naturally a 34D, so didn't like being so huge for so long. They won't get bigger, but if you're like me they will not get smaller until you stop. However, everyone's different aren't they?

gemmeg Fri 02-Nov-12 10:09:30

They will settle down. Don't forget they'll go up and down in size as your LO goes through growth spurts and feeds more frequently. I've been through all sorts of sizes. I think the best advice is to get measured every few months and of course, just to try on a few sizes and makes. I was wearing different sizes at any one given time depending on the make and style of bra. A year of breastfeeding later and I'm wearing the same size I was pre-pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now