Talk

Advanced search

Recommendation please - good light/lamp for night feeds?

(7 Posts)
gettingbettereveryday Tue 30-Oct-12 10:12:50

Hello all - please can anyone recommend a good bedside light for night feeds?

I am still establishing bfeeding with my 2 week old and latch not good enough yet to feed in the dark! With my first child I had a babytec autofade one which was brilliant but it broke and they seem to exist no longer! I don't want a nightlight that's on all night, just something very dim that enables me to see enough to feed without illuminating the whole room brightly - and if it had a fade function that would be even better.

Any suggestions gratefully received, thanks so much!

kellestar Tue 30-Oct-12 11:36:01

I was given a groegg and I found it was enough light to feed and not be too bright. You can touch the top and it goes on. DD now has it in her room, we use it to check on her [22months] and it doesn't wake her up, but you can see if she's uncomfy.

I've been given a BT baby monitor [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomy-Digital-Monitor-TD300-Baby/dp/B002NWJ1MQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1351596874&sr=8-7] like this one, you can turn the light on via the handheld bit. You can also touch the base to turn the light on. I plan on using this for DC2 due in april. The light is a bit more white and is a bit stronger than the groegg, so will be used in our room when BF'ing.

J4D3 Tue 30-Oct-12 11:38:24

I got a small touch bedside lamp from B & Q, was around 8 quid and has 3 degrees of brightness. Works well as a middle o the night light.

J4D3 Tue 30-Oct-12 11:41:03

Here's the one we have, can't convert link as am on phone, it's gone back up in price but well worth it.

m.diy.com/mt/search.diy.com/search?w=Touch+lamp&search_submit=go&un_form_encoding=windows-1252

louisdog Tue 30-Oct-12 15:17:52

I have an £8 touch lamp too, think mine was from Homebase, it has 3 levels and the first touch level is nice and dim.

OctoberOctober Tue 30-Oct-12 23:40:46

touch lamps were one of our first purchases out of hospital too. Saves faffing about trying to turn on and off in the mddle of the night plus quite dim on lowest setting. John Lewis have a good selection.

shattereddreams Wed 31-Oct-12 00:16:17

Yes agree with touch base lamp from b&q. With a 25w bulb in. The first touch is really dim.
Keep it! When baby becomes a toddler they also make a good child safe light, no cables to pull or trip on (dependant on furniture and plug location)

this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now