Talk

Advanced search

Is Bfing stopping me recovering from gastroenteritis?

(6 Posts)
wasabipeanut Tue 30-Oct-12 09:46:45

That's it really. Had the most hideous bug since Thursday and the fucker will not shift. I've had hours of incredibly painful cramping, vomiting and feeling like I want to die.

I have been feeding 19 week old DS2 through it all somehow. Is my body prioritising milk production over getting better? Truly, I can't take much more <cries>

BartletForTeamGB Tue 30-Oct-12 10:18:55

No, I don't think so. DH and I both had a vomiting bug when DS was ?6 months old. I remember it was awful but it did get better. In the meantime, as you would with any tummy bug, are you managing to drink enough? Hope it gets better soon.

wasabipeanut Tue 30-Oct-12 10:23:27

Thanks Bartlet. Yes I'm keeping up the fluids but I basically can't eat anything and haven't since Thursday bar the odd bit of dry toast. Do you mind me asking how long yours hung around? I am so desperate for thus to end. Luckily DH is home as we had lots of nice stuff planned for half term sad

BartletForTeamGB Tue 30-Oct-12 11:08:59

Not that long to be honest, 24-48 hours, but we both had it at the same time. Thankfully a friend braved our plague-ridden house for a few hours to play with DS while we both slept upstairs.

DS did have a bug a few months ago though and he was throwing up for 5 days, so you are on Day 5 now? <she says hopefully!>

wasabipeanut Tue 30-Oct-12 11:38:55

Day 6. Got a GP appt later.

BartletForTeamGB Tue 30-Oct-12 11:48:31

Good plan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now