Talk

Advanced search

Nursing Aversion?

(4 Posts)
midori1999 Sun 28-Oct-12 19:59:56

I'm not sure if that's what it is?

Lately sometimes when DD, 16 months, is feeding I feel very irritated by it and get a strong urge to just get her off me. This sounds dreadful, but it almost makes my skin crawl. sad I don't want to stop breastfeeding until she's ready, so I'm not sure why I feel like this? It's also not for all feeds, but seems worse in the evenings when she is taking a long time to feed to sleep and probably when I'm tired.

Is this a nursing aversion? Will it pass? Is there anything I can do about it? I dont really want to discuss it with my husband as I don't think he'll 'get it'. sad

5madthings Sun 28-Oct-12 20:13:20

sounds like nursing aversion and i went through it with mine at times. re feeding her to sleep (which i also did) would you set a time limit on how long she can feed for and then try other ways to get her to sleep? either you or your dh, i would lie and do shussshh pat with mine.

i am assuming you arent pregnant? i ALWAYS felt like that in early pregnancy it was one of my first clues i was pregnant actually!

sounds like you are tired and 'touched out' which is something i still get even tho i am not bfeeding anymore, looking after small children all the time is a bit relelntless and leave you feeling like you have no personal space! is there anyway you can claw back some time/space for yourself, go for a walk, have a long bath? anything you can do on your own with no-one bothering you/wanting you? you may find if you manage to have a bit ofa break the nursing wont bother you so much.

also when feeding and feeling irritated i sometimes did the breathing that i did in labour, concentrated on my breathing, long slow breathes in and out, anything to take my mind of feeding!

EauRouge Sun 28-Oct-12 20:17:24

It could be pregnancy or just tirednesd. I felt like this today, I ended up hiding upstairs! I think iy's very common and usually nothing to worry about, although it isn't a nice feeling at all.

midori1999 Tue 30-Oct-12 10:12:45

Thanks.

I'm definitely not pregnant.

I think you're both right and it probably is just tiredness on my part. I have had a lot going on medically for me, since DD was born really, but especially recently and it's exhausting. Plus, having a million four DC is exhausting anyway.

I have discussed with DH and he was really good about it. He came in and offered to do everything after work last night while I had a bath. Typically, due to having a LLETZ procedure last week I am not allowed a bath... it's the thought that counts, right? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now