Talk

Advanced search

10.5mo formula feeding in the night

(10 Posts)
GoldPlatedNineDoors Sat 27-Oct-12 13:22:44

Bath bottle bed at 6.30pm, wakes 12am and 3am and 6am, has milk at all those times, and then sleeps til 7.30.

This is the most she has ever fed. Should we try and pacify her with a dummy or water or a cuddle she just shouts and shouts (not crying).

She used to sleep through, then went through a bout of waking once, now this.

What the devil is going on and how do I handle it? Not sure if its related but she has also started freaking out at odd noises - the sound of the key in the front door, a dog barking, the bath running. When the key went in the door she started crying hysterically and climbed behind me.

FrightRunScream Sat 27-Oct-12 13:55:32

My just-one year old did this, although not the noise thing (but my 4 yo did ad a baby until he was three ish). I just stopped feeding her, but got up at the 6 am onevto give her breakfast.

GoldPlatedNineDoors Sat 27-Oct-12 20:26:06

Ive tried just stopping feeding her she yells and yells the house down.

Sioda Sat 27-Oct-12 21:32:13

Does she fall asleep on the bottle? If she does then she might need it to get back to sleep during the night.

GoldPlatedNineDoors Sat 27-Oct-12 23:30:16

Nope, goes down awake, jabbers on for a bit with her teddy and sees herself off to sleep.

She is starting to try and be defiant, if thats at all possible, doing little tantrums etc, so Im.not sure if this is part of it. Stuff like if she wants picked up will sit and shout loudly at us with her arms in the air, even though she is perfectly capable of saying "up'.

ceeveebee Sat 27-Oct-12 23:34:22

How much does your DD drink and eat during the day?

I would try to settle her without feeding - if she is having 3-4 ff (20oz or so) during the day and 3 meals (including protein) I don't think she should really be hungry at night so it sounds like a habit is starting to form.

GoldPlatedNineDoors Sat 27-Oct-12 23:40:37

6am - 7oz milk

8am - cereal and toast

10am - 4oz milk and then down for one hour nap

12pm - lunch

2pm - 4oz milk and nap one hour

4pm - dinner

6pm - should we offer her supper here?

6.30pm - 7oz and bed

Lunches and teas are roast dinners, pastas, etx

ceeveebee Sun 28-Oct-12 07:49:00

That sounds about the same as I feed my nearly 12 mo twins (except we now give a snack instead of mid morning bottle now) and they don't wake for milk in the night. Maybe introduce some snacks with bottles?
But I doubt its hunger. If it was me I would try some sleep training (cc) but I know that's not for everyone.

GoldPlatedNineDoors Sun 28-Oct-12 10:32:19

Im.happy to introduce some CC, as I am thinking it is behavioural.

We will be firm! Starting tonight.

ceeveebee Sun 28-Oct-12 11:03:50

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now