Talk

Advanced search

Do you think this would be ok?

(7 Posts)
blushingmare Fri 26-Oct-12 18:38:46

Just canvassing opinion as it would be the first time I'd done this. Dd is nearly 5 months. She goes to bed and is asleep by 7pm and her first waking is normally at 10 at the earliest. She will very occasionally stir and cry earlier than this, but I resettle her with rocking the crib and shushing her. Can't think of a time since she started going to bed in the evening at 9 weeks when I have had to feed her before 10 - well maybe once or twice in the early stages.

Anyway, my question is do you think, based on this info, I'd be safe going out once a week to a choir rehearsal and leaving her with dh?. I'd leave home by 7, or earlier if she goes down earlier, and would be home by 9:15 ish. It's about 30 mins drive away - in Central London, but the traffic is normally ok at that time. I know I could express and leave an emergency bottle just in case, but I don't express for any other times, don't even know if she'd take a bottle now and it would seem a lot of faff for something that's unlikely to be used.

Just looking for reassurance really - wwyd?

blushingmare Fri 26-Oct-12 18:39:58

She's EBF by the way, if that wasn't obvious! blush

barbie1 Fri 26-Oct-12 18:43:37

I would defiantly offer her a bottle over the next few days, you never know when there might be an emergency so if not anything else it will reassure you that she will be ok with one.

I ebf my dd until 15 months as she refused a bottle, I did however express and store some milk in the freezer just in case of emergency.

Your husband will be fine and a couple of hours to yourself will do you the world of good smile

TeuchterInTheCity Fri 26-Oct-12 18:43:41

Yes of course, go for it! If she did for some reason wake early and DH couldn't settle her then he'd just have to distract her til you're home.

ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Fri 26-Oct-12 18:45:25

Yes, I would go smile Worst case scenario, DH has to cuddle and rock her for a bit.

EBM keeps for a while if you freeze it too, and is quick to defrost by running tepid water over a bag of milk if he needed to use it. Bear in mind though, that feeding patterns do change so you may need to tweak things again.

ElphabaTheGreen Fri 26-Oct-12 18:50:21

I did that once when my DS (about the same age as yours) was a bit younger and it was fine. I'd still be doing it on a weekly basis now if I wasn't so bloody tired! <MNHQ really need to get a 'knackered' emoticon...>

feekerry Fri 26-Oct-12 20:24:55

Yep go for it. My dd is 6 months and ebf. She doesn't take s bottle at all and i feed her to sleep and i still manage to get out at nights. Basically i feed her to sleep as normal then go out for the evening. If she happens to wake dh just walks up and down with her in her room and she'll fall asleep very easily. I don't leave milk or anything. In fact she falls asleep better for hint than me! I often go out fro 7pm till whenever really. The other night i didn't get in till gone midnight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now