Talk

Advanced search

16mo will probably take zero milk once I stop the last breastfeed

(9 Posts)
Youaresoright Thu 25-Oct-12 22:30:23

Does that matter? Presumably they need milk for a while yet?

He currently has one breastfeed first thing. He has been having sippy cup at bedtime for 3 months now, but despite demanding it after his bath he only has a couple of sips (he had 3oz or so for a few weeks a while ago). He sometimes has a couple of sips in the morning, particularly if it is his brothers cup.

Maybe he will drink milk from a cup in the mornings once he has no breastfeed but I'm not convinced.. I'd appreciate any thoughts, thanks

He does have plenty of cheese, yoghurt and some milk with cereal.

YoullScreamAboutItOneDay Thu 25-Oct-12 22:33:04

This thread comes up about once a month (not criticising, I suspect it is hard to think of key words that would bring up the threads). It is mighty common. People always stress, and a dozen MNers come on and confirm that their kids are/were just the same and you shouldn't worry as long as he's having a balanced diet. grin

Youaresoright Thu 25-Oct-12 22:33:32

I should add that he definitely sleeps better when he actually drinks a reasonable amount of milk at bedtime, very frustrating

Youaresoright Thu 25-Oct-12 22:34:56

Sorry for the repitition I don't look at this part of the site much anymore!

lindsell Thu 25-Oct-12 22:36:26

Ds1 now 3.5 has hardly drunk any milk since stopping bf at 18mths, I make sure he has yoghurt and/or cheese everyday, he has natural yoghurt on his cereal as he doesn't even like milk on that.

I'd prefer him to have some milk but he just won't and as he's pretty good with most foods and has a balanced diet then I try not to fret too much about it.

Tbh I would have carried on bfing him longer if I'd known he wouldn't drink any milk and that's what I'll do with ds2 (currently 6mo).

YoullScreamAboutItOneDay Thu 25-Oct-12 22:36:41

Oh no, I wasn't being critical. I honestly can't think of any search terms that would get you just this issue. I was trying to make you feel better at just how common it is!!

Snack just before teeth if you think his sleep is affected by hunger and he doesn't want cow milk? <what do I know. DD2 is 16 months and is up numerous times every night>

lindsell Thu 25-Oct-12 22:37:30

And I've done just what youllscream predicted grin

YoullScreamAboutItOneDay Thu 25-Oct-12 22:39:27

Ha ha Lindsell. I have two children, both who do/did this, I am a stalwart of these discussions!

Youaresoright Thu 25-Oct-12 22:41:12

Ha ha, thanks though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now