Talk

Advanced search

Desperately need to either stop or stop wanting to stop! No idea how to do either!

(3 Posts)
formallyknownasloveydarling Wed 24-Oct-12 20:38:47

13 month old ds. Never took a bottle. 90th centile. No interest in food until last couple of weeks as I have managed to get bf down to approx 7am, 11am, 7pm, various intervals throughout the night(sometimes every 2 hours or more; once or twice only woke up once; never slept through). Co-sleeping until last week when I moved him into a cot next to the bed and actually he has been sleeping a tiny bit better.
Where do I go from here? I would like to go out one evening and I don't feel as if I can.
Should I night wean? How?
Do you think I can drop the 11am? How? It's when ds wakes up and the first thing he does is cry and fuss til he gets boob.
I can't listen to my baby cry. This is the root of it. But I am feeling claustrophobic and resentful sad
Please help.

lorisparkle Wed 24-Oct-12 22:29:34

I found the book 'Teach your child to sleep' fantastic for going through the steps to night wean gently and slowly with not too much crying. Can't help on the day time bf issues though - sorry.

It will get better.

SirBoobAlot Thu 25-Oct-12 02:01:03

I think if you have just stopped co-sleeping, stopping breastfeeding right now will be hard on him. If he's also only recently started taking a proper interest in food, then he will still be getting a large amount of his nutrition from you still.

There is a fantastic article somewhere online about feeling "touched out". I know most of the mums who have fed for a year plus have felt like it at some point. I certainly did, a few times. It tends to ease off though.

Try and remember that he's still very little, really, and that he's dealing with a lot of changes right now. Letting him cry will just stress you both out. You've done brilliantly so far - you may find you can distract him to distance day feeds out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now