Talk

Advanced search

A cosleeper for lopping my boob into?!

(7 Posts)
Superslinger Wed 24-Oct-12 17:53:28

I want to make the move from bedsharing to using a sidecot/ armsreach type thing. I was about to order an armsreach online but have just realised at the last minute that it won't actually do what I need...

What I saves me so much sleep at the moment is being able to feed her without moving her at all - she's a terror for waking when moved. As much as the armsreach mattress is level with the bed there's then a barrier that goes higher, which would prevent me just lopping my boob in as I'd intended.

Question is does anyone know of a cosleeper with which I could feed with us both just lying on our sides at the edge of our respective mattresses?!

EauRouge Wed 24-Oct-12 17:56:55

I've just got a cheapo Ikea cot bed that I've taken the side off and tied to our bedframe. It's the same height as our mattress so DD1 just rolls over a bit and neither one of us has to wake up much. I think a few people on MN have done the same, and it's way cheaper than a special sidecar cot too.

Superslinger Wed 24-Oct-12 19:29:32

Thanks Eau, can you tell me how you made sure the mattresses would lie at the same height/ plush to one another before buying? I'd love to do it that way and save all that money but just worried it wouldn't work properly and she'd end up higher/ lower than the bed?

OPeaches Wed 24-Oct-12 19:36:34

I've got a cosatto three sided 'Olivia' cot that did exactly as you're looking for. You can set it to various levels depending on the height of your bed.

EauRouge Wed 24-Oct-12 19:39:36

It was just luck in our case but you could always cut the legs of the cot down or put it on blocks if you needed to adjust the height.

choceyes Wed 24-Oct-12 19:45:49

I have a cossato close to me cot which I want to get rid of as dd wants to be in a bed now. Was very expensive new £220 I think. It is adjustable to the right height. Pm me if you are interested!

AnnaLiza Wed 24-Oct-12 20:20:26

I've done what Eau describes and also found that the cot and the mattress are at the same height. Perhaps they're standard heights then?
However there is a bit of a gap between the cot and the bed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now