Talk

Advanced search

should i bf on days off??

(3 Posts)
mamawharton Tue 23-Oct-12 20:58:37

just wondered if any of you could answer a question for me?? dd is 8 months and i go back to work in 3 weeks. 2 days a week until xmas and then 4 days in new year. im hoping to bf as long as possible. dd is currently bf at 7 10 2 and 7.30 with meals at 8.30 12.30 and 4.30. my mom is starting to have her in prep for me going back to work :-( i intend to bf all but the 10 feed. she took a bit of ebm from a cup today at 10 which is amazing as she has always been a bottle refuser and has never before accepted my milk in any form but from me!!. my questions are..... how long would she need to keep this feed before swapping to a snack? should i bf on my days off at this time or encourage the cup? dd only feeds from one side per feed, so if i continue to alternate sides for feeds when i express at 10 should i treat this as a feed- if so she will only bf off my right side at bedtime.... is that ok - i won't get lopsided or sore?? alot of questions i know but if anyone can answer/ explain what they did i would be most grateful
Tia

feekerry Tue 23-Oct-12 21:17:42

Hi. I'm in a very similar situation as you. Going back to work 1st Feb full time . Dd will be 10 months. I ebf totally on demand so can't really put any timings on feeding and were currently blw so dd not eating much. I was planning on leaving ddi with plenty of ebm in the days as she will take some from a cup and completely feeding on demand at weekends and when i am home from work. Remember milk should be main source of food for a year so i wouldn't be replacing it with solids hoping my boobs will adjust to meet dd needs as they haven't let me down so far !x

PolterGoose Wed 24-Oct-12 16:28:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now