Talk

Advanced search

hair pulling,pinching,biting,scratching

(6 Posts)
feekerry Mon 22-Oct-12 20:40:16

OMFG Will this stop? 6.5month dd drew blood tonight by scratching and pinching my face so hard. She has also started biting my nipples and she has teeth! If i try hold her hands it seems to make her worse. Is there anything i can do.? Starting to dread feeding her!

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 22-Oct-12 21:00:20

Poor you. Have you tried cutting her nails, a bfing necklace and feeding lying down? I think some mums find tat when you lie down, Lo finds it harder to bit.

Can't do links ATM but try googling kellymom biting and kellymom nursing manners smile

aimingtobeaperfectionist Mon 22-Oct-12 21:03:40

I find I have to try and give DD my finger to hold otherwise she's pinching me, pulling my boobs etc. I'm hoping it's a phase. Can't give her anything else to hold as she grabs and pulls at it. Finger only thin that works. If she gets too distracted, I sit her up, talk for a minute then try again.

Gmakes3 Mon 22-Oct-12 21:12:04

Didn't have the biting really. But my breasts were black and blue with the nipping and also my arms. I used to have to put my hand over my breast to stop the nips. Both my children did this. It was just a phase lasted a few weeks but hell at the time. Have read taking the child off the breast when they bite saying no, waiting a few seconds before re latching can help.

feekerry Mon 22-Oct-12 21:16:53

Thank you. Her nails are kept short and i try to tie my hair right back.luckily she doesn't do it at night. Just in the day really or when I'm feeding her to sleep. I cannot believe how hard she can pinch tho!

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 22-Oct-12 21:19:07

My dd used to do breast compressions at that age so that she could feed quicker grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now