Talk

Advanced search

Exclusively bf 20wk old and a night out?

(3 Posts)
Littleraysofsunshine Sat 20-Oct-12 21:21:49

I can't express enough, my dp and I were invited out tonight.... I couldn't go as I can't express anything as I feed on demand to her needs. She feeds often at the minute. It's not important really missing a night out but I haven't had an evening out (just adult company) (its a family do) in three years. I'm 23! And feel like it would be good for me to let my hair down. Also been under a lot of stress the past year do it would have been no e to spend time with dp.

Also though I don't feel confortable leaving my girls.... Not so much who they're with. Just I feel list without them!

Rockchick1984 Sat 20-Oct-12 21:51:41

I found that if i expressed after each feed, over the course of a day i could express enough for a night out. Have you tried a manual or electric pump? Manual for me was useless, but i used an electric one and had no problems.

Breastmilk can be frozen for 6 months, so give it a try over a week or 2 and see how much you can get. Would also be an excellent idea to offer your DD a bottle before actually attempting an evening away as some babies won't take them!

Its horrible the first time you leave your little one, but they will be fine and it will do you good to have some time being you rather than just mummy smile

needsadviceplease Sun 21-Oct-12 06:25:51

Oh, that is hard. I know exactly what you mean - don't want to leave them / so much want to go out alone!

I can only express well if baby is feeding from other side at the same time - I rely on his letdown to help me. Initially I could barely get 10ml but if I did it at every feed for a day or two I had a good bottle's worth. Now (5weeks later) I can get an oz or so at a time.

How long would you be gone, though? I started leaving ebf ds for 3-4hrs at 19wo, once a week. I leave a bottle of ebm, but generally he just waits for me. Maybe next time?

You still might not want to, but if you had the feeding issue sorted at least you'd know that's your choice for now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now